Signs are permitted by the regulations of the Sign Ordinance
- September 1, 2009)
- Completed sign permit for each sign proposed.
- One copy of a site plan showing the location of the sign(s)
- Scaled drawing showing size, color, and material of the sign(s). For projecting, portable, and freestanding signs, include the distance from the ground to the bottom of the sign. For projecting signs, include the distance from building to outer edge of sign.
- For wall, projecting, and window signs, submit scaled building elevations for all street fronts showing location of the sign(s) and the dimensions of the faces of the building and tenant space.
- For special promotion signs, submit a copy of the proposed text and graphic to be included on the sign.
- For sandwich board signs to be located in the public right-of-way, submit a certificate of liability insurance naming the City of Webster Groves as an additional insured. The certificate of liability insurance shall be in the form of General Commercial Liability Insurance in a minimum amount of $300,000.00 per occurrence.
- Applicable fees
All permanent identification, construction, and directional signs must be approved by the Architectural Review Board prior to the issuance of a permit. Architectural Review Board Sign Permit submission requirements
Questions? Contact the Building Commissioner